(Archival - Original dream recorded 25 July, 2005)
I arrive at a small town I do not have the impression that I recognize. It is daytime. I am either standing near or view this area that is some sort of corner store. It is fronted by glass double doors framed with stained wood. It seems somehow significant to me but I do not explore further. I walk along a sidewalk that passes in front of several stores similar to a strip mall, but nothing particularly draws my attention. As I am walking along I come to a movie theater. There is no store front, no doors, just a space in between buildings that just opens up into a movie theater. I find this curious, but still not enough to investigate. I continue walking. My attention is drawn to an out-of-the-way sign on a non-descript tan wall that I nearly miss as I am walking. I stop and consider it. It seems to point the way to a small deli. I enter the small deli. The resturant has no roof at all, blue sky is brilliant overhead, and there is no visible sun, but no shadows at all are visible inside. One or two people are seated in the dining area and they pay no attention to me. A single woman is standing behind the counter waiting for a new customer. She has sandy hair with tight spiral curls. There is a menu board behind and above her listing the various items one can order. As I remember the letters were very stable and consistant which is unusual for my dreams. I ask her some sort of question and she responds that the only fresh menu items avaliable is a deli sandwich. I order one as well as a soda. I sit at a table near the counter to wait for my order to be completed. I patiently watch the lady behind the counter, she dosen't seem to be doing anything, but I don't seem to mind. She gives me my sandwich and apologizes to me for my wait and tells me that my drink is free. I never seem to pay her or take my items as I leave the deli thought the back way, which is dirty and dank and the walls are nothing more than visqueen hung from the ceiling. There are also tables in this dirty section and one of the people I saw sitting at a table when I came in is now sitting back here. He nods to me and then says something I do not remember. I am briefly back on the sidewalk I was origionally walking on before transitioning into what seems to be a counciler's office in a school. I'm sitting in front of a desk and next to a girl who has long blonde hair with a french braid and glasses that is realitively my age at the time of the dream. She is wearing a baby blue sweater. Behind the desk is an older lady with short hair that is blonde and curly. She is looking at a computer monitor and discussing college elective options with the other "student" and I. I ask if there is a firearm target shooting class avaliable and she says there is. I start to think that this is a place I would like to go to college. The counciler then tells me that this school is especially suited to men. I smile and nod my head. I transition back to the strip mall sidewalk and have this visual image of Jeff T (an old co-worker) telling me to meet him at a certain time at the glass double doors so that I can get a ride home in the morning. I then visualize the area where the double doors are. I turn around and begin to walk back the way I came. I pass the deli where I was earlier and feel and warm sense of recognition. I come near the theater again and find myself walking next to and older balding man with a monkish ring of white hair neatly combed around his scalp. He's got a well trimmed, white mustache and is wearing glasses. He has on a blue business suit, white shirt, and a red tie. He talks with me in grandfatherly tones about my future and how important it is to make the right choices. His hand is on my shoulder as he walks with me. I continue the walk alone and pass in front of a large store I hadn't seen before. It has an open front, similar to the theater, like it belonged in a mall. It's porducts are are college oriented sweatshirts, hats, t-shirts, ect. I become excited with the notion of attending school. I am almost to the area where the double glass doors are. The sky becomes very dark and the wind begins to pick up dramatically. A funnel cloud drops down from the sky and twists into a full blown tornado that begins to reek havoc in the town. I don't seem to fear the tornado, I just hope it dosen't mess up the school so that I can attend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment