Saturday, June 19, 2010

Camp Lycanthrope

(Archival - dream originally recorded 11 August, 2005)

I begin this dream in a modern log cabin in what seems to be some sort of state park. It is completely furnished like it is someone's home. A knock comes to the door and I answer it, stepping outside. It is night. I find myself talking with a skinny teenager with a red and cream colored leather letterman jacket, and someone else might be with him. He is not terribly tall but he's gangly and reminds me of Goofy's son (or is it nephew?) in the Disney cartoon Goof Troop. His skin and hair have a comical brown milk chocolate tone to them, in fact they are the exact same color. He is smiling idiocally and I get the impression that I'm in a slap-stick teen wolf kind of movie. He starts to talk to me about how cool lycanthropy is (I believe he used that exact word) and that I should let him bite me so I can join in on the fun. I never allow him to bite me but I do have the impression that I've become a 'wolf'. I transition to a place, in the day now, I think of as far removed from civilization where the rest of these wolves live. It is dense woods and naked foothills. I begin to consider on my own, and later with others, of how best to lure people here so that we can eat them. I now only think of humans as food. As time moves on, I begin to think of this place as completely removed from the world of men, like a seperate plane of existance, and I don't think of myself and these others as wolves anymore, more like advanced beings. I feel a deep connection with the others that borders on racial and cultural. I then have a perception that this world is connected to the world of men by a door that only 'we' have a key to. This door is merely a door in 'our' world but it is a door in a Victorian style house on the other side, in the world of men. I then transition to a dark underground room in which are hung red tapestries on all of the walls. Many work benches fill the classroom sized area and tools are spread out on them. Another person, who appears completely human, walks into the entryway. He is young, about fifteen, and is a person I knew in High School (I think his name was Chris) and we become verbally confrontational. We argue about who is fit to be the leader of these people, and neither of us think the other is up to the job. We resolve to solve our differences with a fight. I pick up a club like tool, it is familiar to me as if I had used it before for this same purpose, and I move towards him. He disappears, and where he stood is a maroon towel, but I still percieve it to be him. I now have a sickle-like tool in my hand and use it to cut the towel in half and have the impression that I've killed my opponent. Afterwards I think that I want to add a Buddah statue to my collection. I aparently have s small collection of statues I like to paint. The next bits are very blurry. I remember a small statue floating before my vision, and it is the one I will seek. I now find myself in the house of the door joining the two worlds. The house is very richly furnished and very well cared for, it seems like someone lives here. There seems to be a gathering or party of sorts and many people are in and around the house. I am standing a large living room, near the door that leads 'home' and I look out of one of the windows. It seems to be a bright and sunny midwest afternoon. A small, pigtailed black girl no older than eight wonders into the room with her brother (maybe the same age?). I ask them if they want to see something magical. They say yes enthusiastically. I take out my key and use it to open a small chest that looks like a minature treasure chest, and then close it. I think it is too small to be the doorway I want. I then use the key to unlock a large wardrobe, similar to the one from the Narnia stories, and show the two the portal to 'my world' which looks like a mirror that looks slightly purple. I tell them to go in if they want, and they do. Soon after a middle aged black man comes into the room looking for his children. I show him the portal and he wonderously enters himself. I shut the wardrobe and lock it. I then go in search of my statue. The background fades and I see a map before me, I shows me various parts of Asia. The background is now fog with intermitten bursts of color behind it. I get out of a car, it is a 1930s black Ford that's synonomous with ganster movies, and look to my right. It is my twin in every way as far as dress, hairstyle and so on. The only thing is it is not me (as I look in waking life) but I percieve it to be. I look like a general store clerk in the 1930s with the greased black hair with a part in the middle, and a mustache that curls at then end, like Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York. He and I are also wearing the same 1930s style business suit with pin stripes and loafers. For some reason I think of my twin as some sort of Eastern mystic. He tells me that my soul disappeared from the spiritual compass when I became a 'wolf' and that living in the 'other' world is some sort of cop out. He tells me that I must return to the world of men. The dream then changes drastically and continues in a unrelated chain of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment