Monday, June 14, 2010

Red Velvet Lounge

It begins like a video game. The person I think of as "me" is a video image, similar to that of Master Chief from the Halo series but without armor on, and is standing in front of some machine or in the middle of some kind of ritual circle, the details are fuzzy. When I shift to first person I am under the impression that I just got off work and I am to meet with friends. The building I am walking through has a very casino, evening lounge feeling to it - lots of varnished wood and red velvet. I come to my "apartment." The entrance is a white, wooden door, but the door folds open and is not a single piece.  The door is similar to many "laundry" doors. There are many panels angled at 45 degrees similar to blinds.  The door latches in the middle of two such large sections. I am in a hurry to join my party, so I latch the door and rush about to get myself prepared. The apartment is a mess with laundry strewn all about. The apartment is vary spacious and loft-like. The main area is a single large room. The floors are red velvet. I look back to the door and notice it has been unlatched and is open. I move to another room and find it occupied by people. It also has red floors and looks to be a siting room or lounge area. Waiting here is the party I am to socialize with. Among them is Mac and a girl that attracts my attention. She has short, black hair with red highlights. I am now more motivated to hurry. I turn to get ready and find myself standing in a bar area. It still bears the resemblance of "my building" but it is very smokey and a girl with stylized, short brown hair asks me if I'm really in a punk band. I tell her I play bass, or I used to and I could show her my guitar. The stage is very close to the table and I walk over by it and tell someone to get the bass. He hands me a bass as I am describing the one I own, but he hands me a bass I don't recognize. It's a black six string. I tell him to get the Carvin custom, and he picks up my bass and is about to hand it to me. I'm now third person and looking at myself. Its not me. The person I think of as "me" and am observing is more heavy set than I am, and has short, sandy-brown hair. I'm back in first person and am holding an acoustic guitar and thinking that these people expect me to play. I begin to play the guitar and sing, but background music and noise in general is drowning me out. I then remember I'm supposed to be taking a shower. I briefly consider not washing, but decide that a shower is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment